We are pleased to invite you to join the upcoming EMN-OECD webinar 'The impact of COVID-19 on remittances in EU and OECD countries' on Tuesday 1 December 2020 at 14.00 (CET).
Invitation webinar: The impact of COVID-19 on remittances
The event will serve to launch the fourth - of a series of five - EMN-OECD Informs on the impact of COVID-19 in the migration area. This Inform will focus on remittances in EU and OECD countries.
14h00 – 14h05: Welcome remarks
Rafael Bärlund, EMN Finland, Co-Chair of the EMN Communication & Dissemination Working Group
14h05 – 14h20: The retail payments strategy for the EU
Céu Pereira, Team leader, Retail payments, DG FISMA, European Commission
14h20 – 14h35: Presentation of key findings of EMN OECD Inform
Gladys Roy Chicharro, Head of Service for Legal Affairs, Secretary of State for Migration, EMN Spain
14h35 – 14h50: Remittances from OECD countries: Prospects for 2020-2021
Charlotte Levionnois, Economist/Policy analyst & Gilles Spielvogel, Economist, International Migration Division, OECD
14h50 – 15h05: Phase II: COVID-19 crisis through a migration lens
Dilip Ratha, Lead Economist, Migration and Remittances, World Bank and Head of KNOMAD
15h05 – 15h20: Q&A session
15h20 – 15h30: Closing remarks
Jean-Christophe Dumont, Head of the International Migration Division in the Directorate for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, OECD
Moderator: Rafael Bärlund
Registration and information
- Please register via the following link: https://next-ma.eu/landing/impact-covid19-remittances-1-december2020
- The webinar will be carried out via WebEx and can be accessed directly through your browser, following the link received.
- Please join the webinar 5-10 minutes ahead of schedule to allow for technical support if needed.
- Please see the Practical information file or the most important technical details on WebEx.
- Please see the Concept note for addional background information.
Share of EU and non-EU OECD countries in remittances outflows (on the left) and top 20 remittances sending countries (on the right), 2018 (USD million). | Source: World Bank Annual Remittances Data, 2018 Outward data (updated as of April 2020)