Onderzoek naar de implementatie van de aanbevelingen van de Europese Commissie ter bescherming van migrerende minderjarigen, stand van zaken in de EU-lidstaten en Noorwegen in 2019. EMN Nederland vergelijkt in een aanvullende benchmark de onderzoeksresultaten met die van andere EU-lidstaten en Noorwegen. Wat zijn de meest relevante overeenkomsten en verschillen?
Onderzoek: Bescherming minderjarige migranten in de EU
EMN study 'Children in Migration'
This Report maps the progress made by EU Member States and Norway in 2019 in the implementation of the recommended actions laid down in the 2017 Commission Communication on the protection of children in migration, with a view to further understanding progress made in the implementation of the Communication’s recommendations. The scope of this Report is limited to migrant children in the categories set out in the 2017 Communication:
- Accompanied minors/families with children
- Separated children
- Unaccompanied minors, including those:
- recorded within the asylum system
- not applying for asylum but recorded within other migration procedures
- not applying for asylum, who remain outside the asylum/migration/(child) protection system
There is a distinction between the latter two categories but they may overlap and the terms may be used interchangeably (e.g. in Finland, an asylum-seeking child accompanied by other adult family members is considered an unaccompanied minor).
- How do EU Member States protect children in migration nd what is the state of implementation of the 2017 Commission Communication?
- What measures are in place in elation to the identification and reception of children from third countries?
- How is guardianship organised at national level and hat safeguards are in place for the return of minors?
Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG),Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Germany (DE), Estonia (EE), Greece (EL), Spain (ES), Finland (FI), France (FR), Croatia (HR), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Latvia (LV), Luxembourg (LU), Lithuania (LT), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Norway (NO), Poland (PL), Portugal (PT), Sweden (SE), Slovenia (SI), Slovakia (SK).
Missing Children Europe, European Network on Statelessness, Red Cross (EU Office), Danish Refugee Council (DRC), Defence for Children International Belgium, Project Play, PICUM, Refugee Rights Europe
The Report reflects the legislation, policies and practices in place in Member States and Norway from 1 January to 31 December 2019.
Publications 'Children in Migration'
- Benchmark EMN Netherlands (Dutch), the situation in The Netherlands compared to other EU Member States: 'Bescherming van minderjarige migranten in Europa, de situatie in Nederland vergeleken met andere EU-lidstaten', 13 July 2021
- News item benchmark EMN Netherlands (Dutch): 'Bescherming van minderjarige migranten in Europa, de situatie in Nederland vergeleken met andere EU-lidstaten', 13 July 2021
- EMN Synthesis Report, 10 March 2021
- EMN Inform (summary Synthesis Report), 10 March 2021
- EMN Flash #15-2021 (introduction to the study), 10 March 2021