We are pleased to invite you to join the upcoming EMN webinar 'Effective and efficient approaches to migration management at EU and national level' on Friday 11 June at 11:00 – 13:00 (Central European Summer time).
Invitation webinar: EU approaches to migration management
Webinar: 'Effective and efficient approaches to migration management at EU and national level'
Organisation: European Migration Network (EMN)
Date: 11 June 2021, 11:00 – 13:00 (CEST)
The event will serve to launch the EMN Annual Report on Migration and Asylum that outlines the most significant legislative and policy developments in the EU Member States and Norway in 2020 and identifies a number of common trends.
Speakers: Marta Cygan, DG HOME/European Commission (Director, Unit F/Audit & Situational Awareness) on the latest EU developments following on from the new EU Pact on Migration and Asylum, launched in 2020. Hans Lemmens, EMN Netherlands (Coordinator), will briefly highlight the key trends and developments identified by the EMN Annual Report on Migration and Asylum 2020, amongst others:
- the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the mitigating measures introduced in EU Member States and Norway to ensure their migration management systems remained as effective as possible
- the role played by electronic systems and digital tools
- developments to improve efficiency for better migration management
- new partnerships and strengthened cooperation with third countries.
EMN Germany, EMN Sweden and observing EMN members Georgia and Moldavia will focus on the most relevant national migration policy developments in 2020.
Information and registration
- Invitation, further information, agenda
- Please register at: Registration. You will receive the link to join the webinar, as soon as your registration is confirmed. The webinar will be carried out via WebEx and can be accessed directly through your browser, following the link received. Please join the webinar ten minutes ahead of schedule to allow for technical support if needed.