EMN-onderzoek naar de omgang met persoonsgegevens in de asielprocedures van EU-lidstaten en Noorwegen in 2014-2020.
Onderzoek: Datamanagement in asielprocedures
EMN study ‘Accurate, timely, interoperable? Data management in the asylum procedure’
This study examines how data are managed in the different phases of the asylum procedure across Member States and Norway. It does so by mapping data management approaches in the asylum procedure, examining whether there have been procedural changes to enhance data sharing among asylum authorities (and others), and how such changes have impacted data management. Finally, the study identifies recent trends, challenges and good practices in relation to data management.
- What information is collected in the context of the asylum procedure, at what point in time, and by whom?
- How is the information collected, fed into different data systems, and further managed and shared with relevant actors?
- How is data quality assessed, and what data protection safeguards are in place for asylum applicants during the asylum procedure?
- What changes did Member States and Norway introduce in recent years with regard to data management in the asylum procedure and why?
- What challenges do Member States and Norway face in respect of data management in the asylum procedure, how have these been overcome, and what good practices can be shared?
Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Germany (DE), Estonia (EE), Greece (EL), Spain (ES), Finland (FI), France (FR), Croatia (HR), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Latvia (LV), Luxembourg (LU), Lithuania (LT), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Poland (PL), Portugal (PT), Sweden (SE), Slovenia (SI), Slovakia (SK) and Norway (NO).
Publications ‘Accurate, timely, interoperable? Data management in the asylum procedure’
- EMN Synthesis Report, 25 juni 2021
- EMN Inform (summary Synthesis Report), 25 juni 2021
- EMN Flash #18-2021 (introduction to the EMN study), 25 juni 2021
- EMN Press Release, 25 juni 2021
- Benchmark EMN Netherlands (Dutch), the situation in The Netherlands compared to other EU Member States, expected September 2021